Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New Life

I love my new life!! Who knew being a mother would bring such joy and happiness?! People were always warning me "get some sleep while you can because you'll never sleep again". Who cares. Getting up at night to feed and change this sweet baby girl is such a joy that i don't even think twice about the sleep i'm losing. I would rather get up and see her face than sleep any day!! Needless to say, i love my new job:)

So here is what's been going on.

Nora was born June 1st at 7:10 a.m. 8 lbs 6 oz. I pushed for about 10 minutes and she came right out. Blond curly hair and all! The nurses were in love. They were bragging to all their friends that they just delivered the most beautiful baby girl with tons of blond curly hair.Ogden regional was a great experience. I was in their newest room and i labored, delivered and recovered in the same room. so convenient. I highly recommend it!!

Nora is a perfect baby. Seriously. Her second night of life she slept 5 hours straight! since then she has made it a habit to sleep about 3-4 hour chunks. What an angel! She feeds just great and i'm a milk machine. Seriously. I pump after she eats about 1-2 times per day and get anywhere between 3-4 ounces per side.  What a blessing! People talked to me about how hard and frustrating breastfeeding can be and i was prepared to give it my all. She hasn't had a problem latching since she came out. I'm so grateful that it is working out so well.

I have been able to go out and see the world. People think i'm clinically insane. I was out walking around 3 days after i had her. I need air people!! We went out to eat when she was 1 week old and have been trying to leave the house at least once a day. even if it's just a walk around the block. That way i don't get depressed and i get a change of scenery!



 Nightime feeding
 Dad's first diaper
 Going home!!
 First check-up

 Ready for bed

 I love her scowl/squishy face!
Yesterday we even made it out to Cherry Hill!! she just slept on me and i loved being outside in the sun.

Since she left the hospital, Nora has gained weight!! She is now 9 lbs and half and ounce! and she is in the 75 percentile for height and weight and 90th for her head size....her daddy's head!

4 comments:

  1. How fun. Thanks for testifying about motherhood. Sometimes it's hard to have hope and to remember the positive things.
    Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful! I am so happy for you. I still can't believe how awesome being a mom is. Way better than being pregnant huh? Still very hard, but always worth it. Just wait until she starts laughing and smiling. You think you're in love now...just wait! It just gets better and better everyday. I'm glad your feeling good. She's just so cute! I love her curly hair. Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every stage of motherhood is wonderful and challenging in different ways, but it is always worth every second. Congratulations on this beautiful baby girl! Treasure every moment, because it goes SO INCREDIBLY FAST! Keep the pictures coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I got to snuggle her on Sunday. She is SERIOUSLY adorable! So happy for all of you...

    ReplyDelete