Dane has recently been trapped by a new obsession. Road bikes. Yep that's right a super skinny tire bicycle. He has come home from work everyday and done hours of research on it and told me all about the best type of components and forks and pedals and stuff that i am extremely clueless about. It's been really fun to watch him be interested in something BESIDES Aggie sports.
I decided that if he was going on a bike ride, i knew i would feel sad and left out. So i decided i wanted a bike too! What a fun couples activity:)
So Finally this weekend he went to draper to look at a bike he had been looking at on KSL. He thought he wanted a used bike...Turns out his phone died and i had no idea where he was! I didn't know if he was still in draper, coming to get me for dinner to go back to my parents or what! finally he called me from a bike shop in salt lake and told me where he was and that he wanted to look at new bikes.
I met him at the store and i walked in and instead of freaking out like normal wife...i kissed him and told him i was excited to see him and that he decided to buy a new bike. (it took some serious self control!) End of story, we bought two new bikes! New shoes and pedals.
Sunday: we decided to ride our new bikes to Sunday dinner at Nancy's. I have never had clips before so i had to practice before we left. I feel about 5 times on our lawn. I just couldn't clip in! Finally i got it and we rode to safety to Nancy's. At Nancy's i clipped out of my left foot and while trying to clip out of my right i fell. hard. My elbow is all scratched up and it hurts to lean on it. Its just bruised, but it still hurts!
Today: we took a bike ride up to Gordon and my legs were so cold and tired we had to turn around. On our way back, we had to stop at the stop light. I did great clipping out of my left foot, but i fell again! I'm such a Klutz! Luckily i didn't hurt anything this time:) Needless to say i need some work. Dane like usual is an instantaneous pro.
I love our new hobby and i look forward to many more longer, less painful, warmer rides!! No worries, i'll post a pick of our sick bikes!
Cancun for M&D 50th Wedding Anniversary
5 months ago
That sounds like lots of fun!! But really the clips...that sounds a little dangerous. You are obviously not ready to ride with Nancy and I...Maybe next year!! (he he he)
ReplyDeleteYou're going to get addicted and LOVE the bikes; you guys are the best!
ReplyDelete