Friday, March 25, 2011

spring cleaning!

So today i did a LOT of cleaning. I am not sure why, but when i was putting away the laundry, i noticed how disorganized dane's closet was and decided it was time i helped him say good bye to many a shirt. two garbage bags worth. The man has at least 15 utah state t-shirts if not more and more polos than he knows what to do with, jeans he will never wear again. Seriously, he dresses extremely well, but it was time. After i organized his casual closet, i started on his dress closet. I am currently washing 90% of his dress shirts. also, does one man need this many ties?
i pulled out probably 15 ties that he will NEVER wear. i mean i've never even seen him try them on pretending like he's going to wear it. never. so today when he got home from work, i said i need you to go through those bags and check your stuff. He noticed the ties on top and said, oh i need to keep all of these. i was like WHAT!? no way. you have WAY TOO MANY TIES! but i guess if it means that much to him to have every single tie he has ever owned in his closet (much like the utah state shirts) then i will allow it. after all, it's not my closet right?!

My closet:
I have no issues with saying goodbye to items i haven't worn in the past year or even 6 months. if it's worn out, no longer fits, or even close to fitting, GONZO! Except for right this minute, i'm trying lose inches to potentially fit into some items, so i'll keep those for motivation. Otherwise, GONE! if i wore it in high school, gone. It's so refreshing to throw out things that you don't need anymore or don't wear or wouldn't wear if you could!

Spring cleaning is awful in the middle, but fabulous after it's all done and away with! glad it's over...for now

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving all your updating! and that vase from randi is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me go threw all your clothes before you throw them out! One womans trash is another womans treasure right? haha I can't get myself to buy more clothes until I lose some weight. depressing. I want to go through Jesse's clothes because he is wearing clothes with holes in them but can't seem to let them go.

    ReplyDelete