Friday, May 25, 2012

Torture

The definition of the last month of pregnancy is TORTURE!! Everyday it's like-Seriously! I'm still pregnant?! But then again it's all very good that she's finishing her cooking time. But i would love it if she could come already! As my blog is my semi-journal: Here's yet another pregnancy post on what's been up.


So Friday night (18th) I contracted for 3.5 hours. They were really random and didn't ever get more intense so i didn't go in.

At my appointment on wednesday morning, i was yet again a zero! awesome. Reason why is because baby girl hasn't dropped. She is still "floating". Even though she has been head down since 30 weeks, she isn't engaged in my pelvis. This means she isn't putting any pressure on my cervix so i'm not dilated very fast. When she does drop, things will probably progress quickly since she weighs about 8 pounds!  Anyways:

Wednesday, i hung out with my sister for her birthday and while we were sitting there contractions started up again around 8. They were about 7 minutes apart. Within about and hour and a half they moved to 6 minutes and by 10 p.m. they were 5 minutes apart. I called the hospital (following docs orders!) and they said to take a bath and some tylenol and wait until they are 3-5 minutes apart. I called again at midnight when they were consistently stronger and closer together and she said to lay down on my left side and give it another hour. By 12:45 i woke dane up and said i needed to go to the hospital. I had everything ready to go by the door. by 1:15 i was changed and being monitored. When the nurse checked me she said i was a 1! Happy day! I did something! She said to walk around briskly for an hour and see if anything changed. If something changed they would consider keeping me, if not i was headed home. Dane-who had been up since 6 poor thing walked the halls with me with an ocassional stop for a gnarly contraction. At 3 :20 she checked me again and i was. . . . a 1. 

Since i didn't change they couldn't keep me. She said that this was early labor and that I just needed to really monitor my contractions. Since they were really strong and close together, she gave me a morphine shot with phenigren-delightful! and i went home. I'm not bugged that i went in, just bugged that i wasn't dilated any further. However, i'm grateful that my body is at least in the process of getting this baby out!! Now i just have to wait until i feel like i'm going to die before i go into the hospital! We're almost there folks! Eleanor will be here before i know it.

Here's how big my girl is:


2 comments:

  1. Ahh! Seeing that watermelon made my lady parts hurt. Scary! What a tease that you were in the hospital having contractions! I would have been so bugged! I hope things get moving sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's horrible having consistant contractions and not have anything happen! I pray you don't go over! Also don't freak too bad because the doctor said port was 8 lbs a week before he was due but he was 8 a week overdue :) It's a guess, but you're going to do awesome!

    ReplyDelete